Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Window Cat

I sit in the window, watching, wondering, and hoping that some day I can escape and get "out there".  Out there in the wild, and perhaps I can catch one of those creatures that drop from the sky, eating lots of that stuff that my human puts in boxes on those poles.  Sometimes they even drop to the ground and eat.  I am SURE I can catch one off the ground.

Sometimes I do manage to sneak outside when nobody is really paying attention,  but what to do once I get out there?  I stop, stare, look back at the door and wonder if leaving the safety of that door is really worth it?  Once my feet touch the grass,  I have  no idea what to do and I lift each paw high in the air, wondering what that strange texture under my feet might be.  It isn't like the floor that I can run on and slide around the corner, making my backside meet my nose.  It isn't that rug that gives me such a thrill when I can make it slide from the back door, all the way to the front door.  What to do, oh what to do?  So I stand there until one of my humans picks me up and puts me back safely behind the door.  Whew!  That was close!

So I sit in the window,  dreaming of what might have been, or what might be,  knowing that just around the corner is a full bowl of food, fresh water,  and beds for a wayward cat tucked into various corners, strictly for my comfort.  There is always another 4 legged creature (the human calls them silly dogs) to snuggle up with if it's cold or raining, and do you know,  I might have actually caught that creature and tried to eat it!  Can you imagine,  ME, eating raw meat?  EEEEWWWW!!!!!

No comments: