Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Already!

Wow,  it's September 1 already!  Where has the year gone?  2/3 of it has already passed and it seems like just yesterday I was whining because it was so cold!  I saw on the weather report that though it's still going to be in the 90's for most of this week,  next week it drops down to the 80's.  Hopefully the fall will be kind and let the temps drop slowly so it isn't such a shock to the ole system.

The days are winding down.  It's now dark before 9 pm, and isn't daylight until well after 6.  Some of the trees, probably due to lack of rain,  are changing colors and losing their leaves.  Our full color probably won't happen until the first part of November.  However, without rain,  we will just have various shades of brown and that will be sad.

I'm not looking forward to the cold, rainy days of late fall and winter, because I love the sunshine and warmth so much.  Perhaps I should just buy myself a sunlamp,  dump a truckload of sand in my livingroom, set up a palm tree or two,  some beach chairs,  and imagine myself right into a warmer climate until next May.  I'm sure that wouldn't cause a problem..  Would it?


No comments: