Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Day At A Glance

I knew it was going to be one of  THOSE days when I woke up, couldn't go back to sleep, looked at the clock and it said 3:30 AM.  I knew it was going to be one of THOSE days when I tried to go back to sleep after D got home from work.  I even put in the most boring movie ever,  and couldn't sleep.  I knew it was going to be one of THOSE days when the 'Shake sprawled herself across me like Snoopy on his doghouse and dozed while I tried to doze.  Apparently this is NOT a day for a Pirate to sleep.

It is one of those drizzly, gray days that is meant for staying inside.  It's a day meant for reading or maybe even baking cookies.  Nah,  this Pirate doesn't bake cookies unless they are on a roll from the grocery store, and I have none of those on hand.  Since D is sleeping, whatever I do has to be something relatively quiet so that means no loud music and dancing around the livingroom.

Perhaps I could go ghost hunting.  Lucy seems to think we have something extra living up around our ceilings. From time to time she sits and gazes at one certain corner of the ceiling and then tries to hide.  Of course,  I have to remember that this IS Lucy I'm talking about,  and sometimes the wag of her own tail scares her so badly she bolts to the back porch and hides under the glider.  'Shake and Annie just stare at her like she has lost her mind. (OK, so we all know she has, but I always try to give her the benefit of the doubt).

On another plane of thought,  I could have a cup of coffee.  That sounds like a winning idea to me.

So I raise my cup to my crazy, 4 legged girls, the ghost in the corner,  and maybe even a dance around the livingroom when D wakes up.

Everybody have a great day now!  I know I'm going to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds as if we are on the same time clock..LOL...Of course, I probably go to bed a little earlier than you do. I don't have any 4 legged kids to spot "ghosts"; but, I can find those on my own. Like when I pass the shelf where Claude's picture and ashes set I can smell his particular brand of cigarette, or I hear someone in the living room and realize it's the TV!! It sounds like you are going to have a perfect day though, regardless of the lack of sleep and the ghosts in the corner. Zips