Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Cup Of Coffee and Memories

I'm sitting here this morning, drinking my highly favored Pumpkin Spice Coffee,  and letting the memories run through my head.  You see,  I'm drinking my coffee out of my Dad's coffee mug.   He had one coffee cup he used all the time.  Every time I see it,  and drink from it,  I think about sitting in his living room, listening to HIS memories and drinking our coffee together.

Daddy had a lot of memories to share.  In the last few years,  he might not remember what he did the day before, but he sure remembered what he did when he was 10, or 20, and I loved to hear those stories.

I also have two coffee cups that belonged to my Mom.  They were given to her by one of my aunts (on Mom's side) and that particular aunt made sure Mom knew exactly how much she paid for those particular coffee cups.  Mom had them for years and when I would visit,  Mom would bring out those cups, we would sit at the table, drink our coffee and talk over old times that we had with that particular aunt, her funny ways,  and the fact that we did miss her.

A cup of coffee has always played a part in my life.  I've heard Mom and Dad both tell stories and laugh about how when I was a very small child,  I would go around the table, checking to see if anybody left any coffee in their cups and I would drink it.  Funny how there was  always a bit of coffee left in the bottom of those cups.

So when you see or hear that I'm enjoying a good cup of coffee,  know that along with that coffee,  I'm also enjoying some wonderful memories.

No comments: