Friday, October 7, 2011

The Crazies Are Out In Full Force

I've been to the Walmart.  Yes,  I've been to that store that we all LOVE (You do note the sarcasm here.  Right?) and can't wait to return to day after day.

My experience this morning was quite unlike anything I've seen before.  Undoubtedly there is a full moon, or it is National Fight With Your Spouse in the Frozen Food Aisle Day,  or just National Crazy Day in general.

The store was crowded.  Seemingly more crowded than usual,  and it was still early.  Of course,  I've been really, really trying to NOT frequent the Walmart as much so maybe I have forgotten.  It is Friday after all.

I was standing in the frozen food aisle, trying to decide what I needed or wanted for the week.  I hear a couple the next aisle over in an argument.  I actually thought it was a Mom fussing at her teenage son.  Lucky me,  here they came down beside me.  Mom pushing a basket with a toddler in it,  an older child walking,  and Dad,  pushing a basket and an older child was walking behind him.  Apparently Dad couldn't find Mom in the store where he thought she should be and mad doesn't begin to describe it.  She had a few choice words for him and he exploded, right there in the frozen veggie aisle.  The kids were all crying, mom and dad shouting at each other and dad takes his basket and rams in into the back of mom.  If you've ever been hit with one of those things,  you know it can hurt.  At that point,  this Pirate grabs her bag of corn, and hauls herself out of frozen veggies.  I didn't want to see blows flying back and forth.

I got myself checked out,  loaded my groceries into the car,  and slowly began backing out.  A little car comes up behind me and stops.  She wants the space across the aisle from me.  Fine,  I will wait.  She pulls in and apparently decided she didn't fit.  She was in there perfectly by the way, but she backs up slowly, almost backing into me,  and then proceeds to pull her car to the point that it is sitting solidly on the yellow line.  She's then satisfied.

I manage to get out of my parking space, get to the end of the row and am almost mowed down by a man in his 40's, maybe 50's, with salt and pepper hair,  who absolutely HAS to have that parking space reserved for pregnant women.  No,  there is no pregnant woman with him.  He is alone in his big fine Lexus.   He is coming down the aisle the wrong way,  upset with me because I am daring to come out the RIGHT way and he just can't get to that spot.  There is nobody behind me so why he couldn't wait, I have no idea.  He almost hit me trying to back into that spot because I actually had to wait for traffic to go by in front of me!

If  you are trying to go, thinking of going,  or if the thought even just passed through your mind,  that  you might go to Walmart today,  I would suggest waiting.   Maybe wait 2 or 3 years before going.  It's crazy out there...............

3 comments:

shawnypooschik said...

I just came from there, how did i miss all the action????

Lady P said...

Just lucky I guess.

Anonymous said...

Haven't been to Walmart in about a month. Yes, I'm just not geared for "crazy"..LOL...However, Mike mentioned this morning that he "needed" something or other from there so we might go tonight. I'm hoping for rain. Zips