Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's COLD Today!

Yesterday D and I went shopping and as we rode along,  I noticed that the trees are getting all dressed up in their glorious fall colors.  Though it was pouring rain,  the yellows on some of the trees, gave the impression of bright sunlight.  Mixed in with the reds and the evergreens,  it certainly made for a beautiful ride.

The rain stopped last night and today it is totally COLD!  I think earlier the temps were in the 40's with a windchill in the 30's.  Not my favorite kind of day.  This means I am going to have to turn on the gas.  I will have to wait until D gets home because I have not yet mastered the ability to bend my body in 2 different directions while looking back over my shoulder to ascertain if the fireplace is lit.  Maybe at 21 I could have done that.  Not so much at this wonderful age.

However,  the girls and I are all snuggled in.  Lucy and Annie have their Sherpa doggie bed placed on their favorite ottoman,  The 'Shake has herself a perch in the corner,  and The Pirate is wearing a sweatshirt and socks.  Yes, you read that right.  Socks.  You know it must be cold for The Pirate to wear socks.............

Hope everybody else is all snug and toasty warm!

1 comment:

Annemarie said...

Yeah it's cold here in NY too. I have to wear socks now :(. And Aoife hates having shoes on, so going out can be a challenge.