Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday

We are living in a crazy, crazy world. I'm sure most of you have observed the news on TV of Black Friday this year. From the mad rush at the doors opening to the violence that ensued over the products, it was a total mess. It's been that way for years, but seems to be getting worse every year.

Black Friday needs to be shut down. Yes, I said that. I dared to go there. There should be no more Black Friday. Really, there is no need for it. Why can the stores not actually buy enough of the product for everybody? Running the sales over a period of a week should help eliminate the frenzy that occurs on Black Friday.

I do realize that running the sales for a week would take away that rush of adrenlin and the ability to brag about what a great deal I got when I knocked down that little old lady who actually had it in her hands, or the number of people I tripped on the way in the door so I could get to the bin first.

Just think folks, it's the beginning of the CHRISTMAS holiday. Doesn't it just bring all the joy, wonder and magic of the Christmas season to the forefront when we begin it with a fight at the Walmart?

No comments: