Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas

Life takes us on strange roads and there are curves we cannot see past and mountains that seem too high to cross and take the very breath and life from us when we try.  That curve that seems non-ending and that mountain that seems straight up with no way to cross,  does have an end.  We have to want it to end though.  We have to look for the path that will take us around all those boulders that block our way.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the curves and boulders,  that we lose our way.  I lost my way.  For a long time I lost my way.  Death,  illness, hurt,  I allowed them all to take away my joy.  I let go of that one thing that was holding me up and I was floundering in the darkness, forgetting who I was and where I was going.  

Last night,  I found that hand that used to hold me up.  The hand had never left me.  I left the hand,  I alone allowed the darkness to overtake my life and turn me into a person that even I didn't recognize.  A person I didn't want to be. 

I sit here this morning with a peace I haven't felt in a long, long, long time and I'm so thankful. 

I have found Christmas.............

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love you so much and you are deeply insightful. That's what I love about you most. So glad to be able to call you family and share our lives. We are so very blessed to know him!!